none
Change boot logo RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to change the boot logo on WES8 embedded standard but that don't work. I know how to disable the branding but not how to change it.
    I made a lot of research but i've didn't find any answer.

Thanks.

Florent.

• Edited by FlorentDigi Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:52 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:52 PM

Answers

• The last Embedded environment in which you could customize the boot logo was WES 2009.  In WES 7, 8 and 8.1 all you can do is select branded or unbranded boot.  Unbranded shows a black screen while booting.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:37 PM

All replies

• Same answer as your previous post here.  You cannot change the boot logo from within WES 8.  The only options that are supported are the branded screens or the unbranded screens which show a black boot screen.  If you want to have something there, you will need to add an image into the boot table on a UEFI motherboard.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:21 PM
  • You can ask the question different ways, but the answer is still not supported. Although the WE8S Beta had an option to change the boot logo, Microsoft removed the support when it went to RTM. It would have been nice to have a custom static logo appear, but it didn't happen.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:23 PM
  • I'm not Quentin but i've the same question than him but with an other OS. I think WES8 was different of Windows 8 embedded industry cause the company who sell me the licence told me "You can change brands on WES8".
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:27 PM
  • The last Embedded environment in which you could customize the boot logo was WES 2009.  In WES 7, 8 and 8.1 all you can do is select branded or unbranded boot.  Unbranded shows a black screen while booting.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:37 PM
  • The only way for WE8S to have a boot logo is via the BIOS BGRT graphics table as per

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj963199(v=winembedded.81).aspx

I can confirm that on a UEFI booting touchscreen with a modified BGRT table the boot logo booting of WE8S does in fact work. (couple of issues, but largely works).

The panel powers on a to our customers logo which stays on screen until the customers application starts. No sign of panel makers logo and no sign of Windows logo on boot.

ian_m42

Monday, March 24, 2014 12:08 PM