none
Kinect freezes up when it can't find a skeleton RRS feed

• Question

• Hello =)

I have a problem with running the smoothly both in my own software and with the Kinect Explorer provided with the SDK. It seems that whenever the Kinect can't find a player to track it's framerate decreases to < 1 fps. As soon as I stand infront of it full body it rockets to 30 fps. Turning of skeleton tracking in the Kinect Explorer doesn't fix it.

The problem with this is, that I don't need skeleton tracking and have it turned off in my software, but I still have the same issue.

Doesn't newSensor.SkeletonStream.Disable(); turn off the skeleton tracking?

I've tried both with Xbox Kinect and Kinect for Windows (near/default range) and tried connecting them to every of my USB-ports with nothing else connected and still no luck.

I'm coding in C# on Windows 7 (64-bit) and have a 2,8GHz Core2Duo CPU, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 240M GTX.

Any help would be very appreciated. 

- Kibsgaard

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:27 PM

All replies

• Could you try to uninstall and reinstall the Kinect SDK (The newest version)

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:29 PM
  • Could you try to uninstall and reinstall the Kinect SDK (The newest version)

I've recently uninstalled v1.0 to install Beta 2 to try out a Unity wrapper and then returned to v1.0 with no change to the issue at hand.

Any other suggestions? ^^

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:51 PM
  • Check this article post

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:13 PM
  • Check this article post
    That article is only about unoriginal drivers or am I missing a part of it? I can't figure out how to use that with my code.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:03 PM