none
[EWS] StartTimeZone valid values RRS feed

• Question

• My XML code sets StartTimeZone like this:

<t:StartTimeZone Id="Romance Standard Time"></t:StartTimeZone>

The value for Id I get from the Windows API GetTimeZoneInformation().  On my machine, I have tested setting the local time zone to just about everything, and the value I get works fine.  For the example above, I had my local time zone in Windows set to "Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris".  A problem I  just ran into is on one of my customers machines, running a French version of Windows 7 Pro, the value given by that API is "Paris, Madrid".  EWS does not like this value for StartTimeZone.  So I guess I just need to take the GMT offset I get and maintain my own table of valid EWS time zone strings.  I can't seem to find that however - any ideas?

Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:53 PM

All replies

• I took a look at how the EWS Managed API implementation does this, and it uses the TimeZoneInfo class. As far as I can see it doesn't do any mapping, it just takes the TimeZoneInfo.Id value. I wonder if it would get the same value as GetTimeZoneInformation on this machine. I don't have a French version of Windows 7, but on my English version I don't have a subkey of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones registry key with the name "Paris, Madrid". Is it just the one machine, or any French Windows 7 Pro?
    Friday, January 16, 2015 3:48 PM