Lightswitch data feeds and Azure Service Bus RRS feed

• Question

• Guys, I have an interesting question for you.

How are all data feeds generated when a new data source added to the Lightswitch?

Let's say I have added a SP list and now I can call it SpList.svc. What is service name here and contract? I currently have an app with custom Tables in Lightswitch and I want these tables to be exposed to the internet by using Azure Service Bus Relay. I have no problems with usual WCF service as I know Service name and Contract,  but I am struggling to find the same staff for Odata services generated by Lightswitch.

Any idea?

Nick 

<services>
          <service name="PartsService.Implementation.PartsService">
            <endpoint address="sb://myname.servicebus.windows.net/PartsService" behaviorConfiguration="sbTokenProvider" binding="netTcpRelayBinding" contract="PartsAppDomain.IPartsService" />
          </service>
        </services>

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:00 AM

All replies

• Not totally sure what you are after but as you quote xml service config to me so, assuming you know your stuff, go and look in the GeneratedArtifacts folder of the server project. Also, a look in the bin folders. All names and generated code and service configs are there.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:39 AM
  • Dave, thank you fore reply.

This is the problem. I am not quite sure how should I add it to my web config. With simple WCF service it is easy. You have your interface with a contract and you have your implementation class as a service. But for what I should search for, if its WCF Data Service? I saw somewhere that the contract was IRequestHandler for Data Services. I tried it, but it didn't work.

Nick

• Edited by nicksav Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:51 AM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:09 AM