Cannot create mailboxes: Could not enable mail Security Distribution Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

when I try to create a mailbox, i get the following errors (creating users and organization units in the AD works well):

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Error executing 'CREATE_MAILBOX' task on '' EXCHANGE ---> System.Exception: Error executing 'CREATE_ORG' task on 'testorgi' EXCHANGE ---> System.Exception: Error executing 'CREATE_ORG' task on 'testorgi' EXCHANGE ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Could not enable mail Security Distribution Group 'tested' at WebsitePanel.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2007.EnableMailSecurityDistributionGroup(Runspace runSpace, String distName, String groupName) at WebsitePanel.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2007.ExtendToExchangeOrganizationInternal(String organizationId, String securityGroup) at WebsitePanel.Server.ExchangeServer.ExtendToExchangeOrganization(String organizationId, String securityGroup) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at WebsitePanel.Providers.Exchange.ExchangeServer.ExtendToExchangeOrganization(String organizationId, String securityGroup) at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeServerController.ExtendToExchangeOrganization(Organization& org) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeServerController.ExtendToExchangeOrganization(Organization& org) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeServerController.ExtendToExchangeOrganization(Organization& org) at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeServerController.CreateMailbox(Int32 itemId, Int32 accountId, ExchangeAccountType accountType, String accountName, String displayName, String name, String domain, String password, Boolean sendSetupInstructions, String setupInstructionMailAddress) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeServerController.CreateMailbox(Int32 itemId, Int32 accountId, ExchangeAccountType accountType, String accountName, String displayName, String name, String domain, String password, Boolean sendSetupInstructions, String setupInstructionMailAddress) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

WSP-Event log:

[6/7/2012 7:51:52 PM] ERROR: 'Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server 2010' ExtendToExchangeOrganization System.Exception: Could not enable mail Security Distribution Group 'tested'    at WebsitePanel.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2007.EnableMailSecurityDistributionGroup(Runspace runSpace, String distName, String groupName)    at WebsitePanel.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2007.ExtendToExchangeOrganizationInternal(String organizationId, String securityGroup)    at WebsitePanel.Server.ExchangeServer.ExtendToExchangeOrganization(String organizationId, String securityGroup)

Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">   <System>     <Provider Name="WebsitePanel" />     <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>     <Level>2</Level>     <Task>0</Task>     <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>     <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-06-07T17:51:52.000000000Z" />     <EventRecordID>1202</EventRecordID>     <Channel>WebsitePanel</Channel>     <Computer>exchange.hostingworld.local</Computer>     <Security />   </System>   <EventData>     <Data>[6/7/2012 7:51:52 PM] ERROR: 'Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server 2010' ExtendToExchangeOrganization System.Exception: Could not enable mail Security Distribution Group 'tested'    at WebsitePanel.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2007.EnableMailSecurityDistributionGroup(Runspace runSpace, String distName, String groupName)    at WebsitePanel.Providers.HostedSolution.Exchange2007.ExtendToExchangeOrganizationInternal(String organizationId, String securityGroup)    at WebsitePanel.Server.ExchangeServer.ExtendToExchangeOrganization(String organizationId, String securityGroup)

Exchange Eventlog says: System.InvalidOperationException: No provisioning handler is installed.

User WPServer is an active directory user and is member of groups "Organization Manager", "Account Operators", Domain admins and local administrator.

I'm using Exchange Server 2010 SP2 without the hosting-switch and have created the "Hosted Exchange 2010"-Service in WSP. But I have no idea why Exchange 2007 stands there in the error-log.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause that problem?

I tried a lot of solutions provided here, but any of them solved my problem...

Thanks!

Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:04 PM

Answers

• Did you set the web.config in the WSP server module (on the exchange server)?

The following values are by "origin" false please set it to true as shown below:

<add key="WebsitePanel.Exchange.ClearQueryBaseDN" value="true" />
    <add key="WebsitePanel.Exchange.enableSP2abp" value="true" />

After that.. please recycle your app pool (or if possible do a iisreset as that one is guaranteed to work while recycle sometimes doesn't).

In addition to this: please make sure you have got a default address book policy setup in Exchange.

Regards,

Marco

Key4ce - IT professionals: www.key4ce.eu

Friday, June 8, 2012 12:42 AM

All replies

• Did you set the web.config in the WSP server module (on the exchange server)?

The following values are by "origin" false please set it to true as shown below:

<add key="WebsitePanel.Exchange.ClearQueryBaseDN" value="true" />
    <add key="WebsitePanel.Exchange.enableSP2abp" value="true" />

After that.. please recycle your app pool (or if possible do a iisreset as that one is guaranteed to work while recycle sometimes doesn't).

In addition to this: please make sure you have got a default address book policy setup in Exchange.

Regards,

Marco

Friday, June 8, 2012 12:42 AM
  • Thank you very much!!

I restarted the server and everything works fine.

Why didn't I do that yesterday one more time on my own? Hm....

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:14 PM
  • Your welcome :-)

And hey.. after all those steps it's easy to overlook the most simple of all : a reset/recycle... (had that issue my self once... after that you never forget it haha)

either way.. it's working in a relatively short time.. thats all that counts :-D (and from the skipping the iisreset.. i'm sure you won't forget that anytime soon anymore haha)

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:27 PM