Attach outlook email to Project task RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to attach a relevant email from outlook to a task in Project 2010. I tried to just copy and paste, but this failed. What worked is saving the email as a text file then adding the contents to the notes field in the task. Is there a more direct way of doing this?
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:24 PM

Answers

• Drag the email onto your desktop, then drag that into the notes field of your task.
    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    • Marked as answer by Mike Glen Friday, March 2, 2012 5:24 PM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:06 PM
  • To where did you try to paste?  Pasting the mail contents into the field "Notes" should work.  
    --rms www.rmschneider.com
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:30 PM
  • If I want the entire e-mail, then I use the drag and drop method to the notes field...it works great!  If you want part of the text of an e-mail, then copy and paste to the notes field works as well.  Hope this helps.

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:16 PM

All replies

• To where did you try to paste?  Pasting the mail contents into the field "Notes" should work.  
    --rms www.rmschneider.com
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:30 PM
  • Hi,

if you are using project server, you can save an email as a document on project site and link it with that particular task of your project. After doing this, document icon will start appearing next to your project task in project task view, and user click on that icon will redirect to that linked email directly.

and if you are not using project server, than using task note is the most effective way so far.

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:45 PM
  • If I want the entire e-mail, then I use the drag and drop method to the notes field...it works great!  If you want part of the text of an e-mail, then copy and paste to the notes field works as well.  Hope this helps.

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:16 PM
  • Drag the email onto your desktop, then drag that into the notes field of your task.
    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:06 PM