none
Maintain Multiple Domains under single AAD tenant licence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I would like to understand if we can maintain multiple domains with single Azure Active Directory Tenant licence. 

For instance, once I have AAD Tenant premium licence, I would like to maintain 3 domains for Dev, Test and Prod and with same collection of users or groups.

Please let me know any best practices around it.

Thank you,

KishorG.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The AD tetant is the domain name. Although you can add multiple custom domain names to the tenant, these are just alias' and it is the same domain.

If you want separation then it should be separate tenants.  You will want to give different permissions in dev, test and Prod to users, so adding 3 alias domains to the 1 tenant wont allow you to do this properly.

Thanks,

Matt

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The AD tetant is the domain name. Although you can add multiple custom domain names to the tenant, these are just alias' and it is the same domain.

If you want separation then it should be separate tenants.  You will want to give different permissions in dev, test and Prod to users, so adding 3 alias domains to the 1 tenant wont allow you to do this properly.

Thanks,

Matt

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:53 PM
  • Thanks Matt, thats helpful.
    Friday, September 13, 2019 2:19 AM