none
Windows App Certification Kit

Question

• I have recently finished work on four desktop applications using c# in Visual Express 2012 for Windows Desktop.  Two of them are programs used to help kids in school.  Another one is manager used by a teacher or a parent to evaluate the progress of the children using the first two programs.  The fourth one helps older kids and adults learn material needed in the study of electronics.

I have attempted to use Validate Desktop App in the Windows Application Certification Kit 10.0 to begin the certification process so people will have some assurance that I'm not trying to harm their computer.  I hope getting the applications certified will help offer that assurance.  I would like to offer the applications in the Microsoft Store and/or somebody's store and/or my web site for $1.00 or less so that anyone can afford them.  It also won't hurt this 72-year-old who is living off of Social Security!

Problem is, I can't even get the programs past the ACK.  One error says the certification can't continue without a traceable link and an entry in add/remove, despite the fact that I have run setup and put links on the desktop and the task bar.  All four are in in Start and add/remove.

All four are in 
    C:\Users\Joe Reeder\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Grandpa Joe Lubbock [= the name I use as publisher].  

I can exit and restart the same ACK project, but another message says that an error occurred while generating the report and that the application will exit.  Click OK and it exits saying Windows will look for a problem and report.  No report after many times through this on all four of the Setup programs.  It might be looking for the Internet, but my ISP went out of business and I decided to keep the $47/month for luxuries such as Rx, food, etc. (I'm at the library now).

Someone said in a forum that they sent the report in anyway, and it was accepted.  Can I do that, and exactly where is the report?  When it asks for a name, I give it one to put in the app's publish directory, but can't find it, so it looks like the implication that some data has been generated is false.

I started development in Windows 7 and finished in 10, but what I have been able to find out about ACK keeps talking about 8.  Is that a problem?

It's probably obvious that there are a lot of areas of knowledge in which I am lacking.  My BS comp sci is 24 years old, which is ancient history in this business.  Any help out there for an old C programmer would be greatly appreciated!

Joe
    Friday, June 17, 2016 10:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

According to your description, your problem should be more related to add Certification and publish your apps. I help you move this thread to Publishing Windows Store Apps forum for a better help. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 20, 2016 8:17 AM
  • Thank you for any help you might provide!

Joe

Monday, June 20, 2016 4:31 PM
  • Do you have a URL for where you moved it?

Jo

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:43 PM
  • Hi GrandpaJoeLubbock,

Following is the link of the forum where I moved your thread to.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=windowsstore

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:53 AM