"text-shadow" is underlined but seems to work fine. Says that it "is not supported by the current schema". RRS feed

• Question

• The code runs just as I expected it to, it is straight from my text-book, but "text-shadow" is underlined. I have a separate style sheet and the code works in Chrome but not Explorer, just like my book says. I know it probably should be ignored if you know it is ok, but is there any way I can make Expression know that it is good code by me?

Here is my css,

span.shadow {

text-shadow: .9px .9px 1.5px #800000;
    }

and here is the related html,

<h2>Celebrating our <span class="shadow">75<sup>th</sup></span> Year</h2>
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:10 AM

Answers

• The obvious:  What schema are you using?  What schema supports text-shadow? Make the two match.  :)

Set your CSS to be "CSS 3 draft" in the Page Editor Options, Authoring tab.

• Marked as answer by GoingForBroke Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:31 AM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:22 AM

All replies

• The obvious:  What schema are you using?  What schema supports text-shadow? Make the two match.  :)

Set your CSS to be "CSS 3 draft" in the Page Editor Options, Authoring tab.

• Marked as answer by GoingForBroke Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:31 AM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:22 AM
  • Thanks! I was searching for how to change the "schema" but could find no help. Tools > Page Editor Options > Authoring tab, set CSS to "CSS 3 draft" did the trick.

Thank you for your time, effort and expertise.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:33 AM
  • FWIW, I leave mine set at CSS 2.1 because only the most recent browsers support any CSS 3 and they do not all implement it the same way. So I consider the warning a reminder to preview in all my target browsers. Something like box shadow isn't a big deal if it doesn't render in an older browser but there are other properties and HTML 5 elements that can cause real display issues in older browsers.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:48 PM