Query Parameter and Lookup activity for MySQL DB as Source RRS feed

• Question

• Will Data Factory v2 provide ability to create lookup activity for MySQL database as source (interested in Azure IR)?  Also, trying to use the values returned by lookup (string array) as parameter to copy data activity (string at a time).   Appreciate the clarification.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:23 PM

Answers

• I implemented the workaround in January itself as Read MySQL --> write to Data Lake store --> Lookup from Data Lake Store and Loop.  Our destination is DLS, so Azure Blob would be unnecessary. My original question was if and when Lookup activity will be supported for MySQL as source, and don't believe there has been any progress.
    • Marked as answer by SP Yogi Friday, April 27, 2018 4:32 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:30 PM

All replies

• Thanks for asking. Lookup Activity today supports MySQL, feel free to try and share your feedbacks.

thx,

-oliver

Oliver Yao - MSFT

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:09 PM
  • Oliver,  Are you 100% sure?  I just checked and Lookup activity does not let me pick MySQL Dataset as Source Dataset.  MySQL is not yet listed as a supported source in the documentation. 

Joel Guerra,  This is still an unanswered post. 

Thanks,

Yogi

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:41 PM
  • Oliver,  Are you 100% sure?  I just checked and Lookup activity does not let me pick MySQL Dataset as Source Dataset.  MySQL is not yet listed as a supported source in the documentation. 

Joel Guerra,  This is still an unanswered post. 

Thanks,

Yogi

Hi Yogi,

Yes, you are correct. Even the Lookup documentation doesn't show under supported data sources - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/control-flow-lookup-activity

Instead try to get the array into Azure blob and do the iteration for your copy activity.

sathya - My blog ** Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful **.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:18 PM
  • I implemented the workaround in January itself as Read MySQL --> write to Data Lake store --> Lookup from Data Lake Store and Loop.  Our destination is DLS, so Azure Blob would be unnecessary. My original question was if and when Lookup activity will be supported for MySQL as source, and don't believe there has been any progress.
    • Marked as answer by SP Yogi Friday, April 27, 2018 4:32 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:30 PM