none
VS2015 Update 2 UWP "Edit Generated Item Container (ItemContainerStyle)" menu item missing

Question

• Hi All,

I'm currently developing a UWP app using VS2015 (Community Edition) with Update 2. My app contains a ListBox displaying my data and I've noticed that, since upgrading to Update 2, when I right click the ListBox in the designer the popup menu item for 'Edit Additional Templates' no longer has a "Edit Generated Item Container (ItemContainerStyle)" option. See the screen shot below:

This is also exactly the same if I open the project in Blend . See screen shot below:

Can anyone tell me what's happening here, please? Am I missing something obvious? If this is by design then how am I supposed to edit a copy of my ListBox's ItemContainerStyle?

Kind regards,

RobDev

• Edited by RobDev Thursday, April 28, 2016 1:38 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi RobDev,

I checked my Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 and Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 and I get the same problem with your screenshot.

And according to the release information for Visual Studio 2015 Update 2, there has any changes for Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows App Development . I'm afraid it should be the design for Visual Studio 2015 Update 2.

So I suggest you submit this issue to Visual Studio Connect and share the feedback link here. I will vote it and it also can let other communities who has the same problem to vote and add comments for this issue.

In the meantime, please edit the ItemContainerStyle by handed coding. And I will discuss this issue with UWP experts to check whether they have any other ways to edit the ItemContainerStyle.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 29, 2016 9:55 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

many thanks for your reply. I've reported the problem via the 'Feedback' link in VS2015 and have provided relevant screenshots. I was issued with a Ticket ID of 22966 but I don't know how to track it. Is your link to 'Visual Studio Connect' the same place as the 'Feedback' link in VS2015 or should I report the issue again there?

Thanks, once again, for you help. I hope that this problem can be fixed soon as hand coding my ItemContainerStyle can get a bit tedious.

Kind regards,

RobDev

Friday, April 29, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Hey @RobDev,

Let us know the link, so that we can vote for that too! I was also looking for that feature to be back (hand coded for the time being)

Saturday, April 30, 2016 6:06 AM
  • Hi AbdullaNa,

OK, I've reported the 'bug' via Weiwei's link and the link to it is as follows:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2652082/missing-edit-generated-item-container-itemcontainerstyle-option

Is this OK?

Kind regards,

RobDev

Saturday, April 30, 2016 1:57 PM
  • Thank you @RobDev.

I voted and also clicked on "I can too see this issue" link.

Regards!

Sunday, May 01, 2016 2:28 PM
  • Hi RobDev,

Thanks for your feedback link. And I have vote it.

Please mark your feedback link reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem to note this feedback link and vote it. Then please waiting for the response from report team expert patiently.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 02, 2016 2:58 AM