How to display text in different color on the right hand side of the VS StatusBar? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to display some static text on the right hand side (similar to "All projects up to date") of the statusbar as in the below picture. Current status bar implementation I have, displays the text on the left hand (where "Ready" is displayed in the below picture) side of the StatusBar. My demo code with my current implementation is here

Also, how can I use different background and foreground color? StatusBar.SetColorText does not seem to work well for me. Any example would be beneficial.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:10 PM

Answers

• Currently, there is no support or extensibility mechanism in the IDE that would allow for changing up the coloring in the VS IDE's status bar.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Utkarsh Shigihalli,

Since I am not able to implement what you need,I have escalated your question to the team with technical professionals.And I would inform you as soon as they have worked out the solution.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards.

Jane.

Jane Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:26 AM
  • Thank you Jane! Will wait for response from you.

Regards, Utkarsh http://www.geekswithblogs.net/onlyutkarsh

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

I don't think it can be done.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.visualstudio.shell.interop.ivsstatusbar.setcolortext

"The method ignores the values of crForeColor and crBackColor and always sets the foreground color to white and the background color to dark blue." 

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 16, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Hello, I understand from you that SetColorText method cannot be used for this requirement. However, we will wait to hear from Jane on this. Because the requirement of mine (as in screenshot above) is already achieved in .NET Daemon utility where it displays build status by red or green.

Friday, August 16, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Thank you for your patience and trust,Utkarsh.

I am still waiting for the response from professional engineers.Maybe they are testing out some essential details at present.

If there were any progress,I would post it here in time.

Kind Regards.

Jane.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 19, 2013 7:46 AM
  • Hi Jane,

Please let me know if there is any update on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Utkarsh

Monday, August 26, 2013 4:08 AM
  • Hi Utkarsh,

I think the experts are still checking the problem and would deliver the solution if they worked it out.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good day.

Jane.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 26, 2013 10:06 AM
  • Hello Jane,

Any update on this issue? Thank you in advance.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 11:10 AM
  • Currently, there is no support or extensibility mechanism in the IDE that would allow for changing up the coloring in the VS IDE's status bar.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:59 PM
  • Hello Utkarsh,

I think the reply from Ed Dore has represented the research result of support team.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Jane.

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:32 AM