none
im in problem please tell me solution! RRS feed

Answers

• From the code point of view there is no difference in storing Urdu or English into database, except if you are using parameters to pass values, most likely you would need to use nvarchar/nchar types of parameters if charactters from Urdo do not fit into first 256 characters of extended characters table. On a database side you would need to set appropriate database collation to support Urdu. Again, you need to do this if Urdu contains characters that are not part of the sdame 256 character set.

Monday, August 18, 2008 9:41 AM
  • Sohail

In your c# application you would treat urdu data the same way you treat english since all strings in managed code are Unicode strings. On the server you can either use an nvarchar column, or you can use the varchar collum with Urdu collation to store the data.

Himanshu

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:40 AM

All replies

• I suggest looking for a tutorial on each of the components. I'm not sure what "write urdu" means but look up tutorials for writing text boxes. Try Winforms tutorials. Look up SQL Server tutorials. They are out there. This forum is best for specific questions when you have a problem.

Monday, July 28, 2008 9:24 PM
  • Sir "urdu" is a language like "english" and i want to create a database using

sql server and C#. in which a user can type language "urdu" in C#  textBox

all values can stroe and can retrive also from database.

Monday, August 18, 2008 7:38 AM
  • From the code point of view there is no difference in storing Urdu or English into database, except if you are using parameters to pass values, most likely you would need to use nvarchar/nchar types of parameters if charactters from Urdo do not fit into first 256 characters of extended characters table. On a database side you would need to set appropriate database collation to support Urdu. Again, you need to do this if Urdu contains characters that are not part of the sdame 256 character set.

Monday, August 18, 2008 9:41 AM
  • Sohail

In your c# application you would treat urdu data the same way you treat english since all strings in managed code are Unicode strings. On the server you can either use an nvarchar column, or you can use the varchar collum with Urdu collation to store the data.

Himanshu

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:40 AM
  • yes  c# application treat urdu data the same way treat english since all strings in managed code are Unicode strings.

now iam confuse my search code for a particular record is not working for urdu text but it is working for english.

Best Regards;

Sahail Basheer

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:58 PM
  • How are you searching for the record in your code? Can you provide the T-SQL you are using?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:24 AM
  • How do you search data? Do you have correct collation enabled on database side to support Urdu?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:51 AM
  • Like i want to search names of students whose names are starting with character "S", my code is working for that for my english data. but when i want to srarch for urdu record like i want to search names of students whose names are starting with character "س", my code is not working for that.

iam using two virsions of my database system one is English and second is Urdu virsion.

Best Regards;

Sohail Basheer

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:29 PM
  • Sohail, what T-SQL are you executing to do the search? Also, what collation are you using to store the data on server? We need to know the answer to these questions in order to be able to identify what might be going wrong.
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:20 AM