donationware RRS feed

• Question

• I found a few threads regarding this, but none of which are current. I am now presenting my apps as freeware. I would like to see if I can take donations. Is there any recourse to do this within the windows store, or does it have to be done with a paypal link? If it is the later, are there ways to proceed defined somewhere, so I do it properly?

Thanks, John.

Saturday, October 8, 2016 12:11 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

You might add an add-on product to your free app to take your donation so that the customer who is willing to make donation can purchase this add-on feature and pay for it. For details about add-on, please refer to Enable in-app-purchase of apps and add-ons

I cannot make sure about doing this within the Store or Paypal link, but you could contact Dev Center support to confirm if this violate the policy and discuss about a proper solution to taking donations. Please click "Submit an incident" on that page. Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:50 AM