RPG game made with LAMP. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi! I haven't been on the forums for a LOONG time, but I checked back and I tried out Daniel Mask's LAMP programming language. It is very cool. I suggest you check it out. It works almost flawlessly. The only real problem is the $cmp_ command, but it is a good substitute for an "If" command. It is really amazing how he created a PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE using Small Basic. So I'm not going to rag on him for it's few problems. Anyway, I was messing around and I created a short "RPG" game using LAMP. Everything you do kills you, but you can check out the source code, and see how it works. I recommend downloading his program and testing it out. So, just copy and paste this into a txt document, and drag onto LAMP.exe!

mainl[subject::lamp]%%RPG Game by ardiezc_quazhulu using LAMP

$set_youare|You are
    $set_youare[1]|You are
    $set_youare[2]|and, you are a
    $set_y|y
    $set_ad1|1
    $set_ad2|2
    $set_man|man
    $set_reply|reply

$cls
    sout>>%Hello, What is your name?
    uin<<name

$cls
    sout>>%OK, What is your age?
    uin<<age

$cls
    sout>>%What is your occupation? (wizard, warrior, etc.)
    uin<<occupation

$cls
    sout>>%So,
    fout>>youare|name
    fout>>youare[1]|age
    fout>>youare[2]|occupation
    sout>>%
    sout>>%Right? (y or n)
    uin<<yorn
    $cmp(=)_yorn|y
    $src_1
    $src_-20
    $cls
    sout>>%Okay! We are all ready for an adventure then!
    $dly_%2000
    $cls
    nran>>%2
    &ran[1]
    $cmp(=)_ran[1]|ad1
    $src_17
    $cmp(=)_ran[1]|ad2
    $src_1
    $fin
    $cls
    sout>>%You are standing at the edge of a small clearing. You can see a man to your left, and a well to your right. What do you do? (man, well)
    uin<<dowhat
    $cmp(=)_dowhat|man
    $src_2
    sout>>%You walk over to the well, slip in oil, fall down the well and die...   :D
    $fin
    sout>>%The man says, "Hello!". What do you do? (reply)
    uin<<dowhat
    $cmp(=)_dowhat|reply
    $src_1
    $fin
    sout>>%You say Hi back. The man lunges at you and kills you. :0
    $fin
    sout>>%No adventure here!!!
    $fin

ardiezc_quazhulu was here.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:12 AM

All replies

• Yes, I agree with the problematic $cmp_ command. And $src_ also can get very messy too. I also noticed in your program, when it gets a random number using nran>>%, it usually chooses 2... I've never actually had it choose 1. So, I'm not sure if this is just because something in my source code is messed up, or because it's such a small random number to choose from 1 or 2... maybe it is coincidence and it just chooses 2 out of 1. I don't know. Anyway, nice program. It's a good program for LAMP... It's hard to do anything with LAMP. At least it's more flexible than D BASIC (My other language) :D

Let's go boys!

Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:18 AM
  • Hmmm.. D BASIC eh? I'll have to try it. Yes, I think it may just be because it is choosing from such a small set of numbers that it is 2 most of the time. I noticed that too. Oh, and Daniel, Mes anto sta noanto o es ai. :D

ardiezc_quazhulu was here.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:23 AM
  • Ha, ai requi o... no di! Ai sto tche xorg4te... tue a namy.. haha ;D

Anyway, we probably shouldn't talk foreign on here. But, haha, hit me up man :)

Let's go boys!

Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:26 AM