HELP! Compilation error "type lightswitchapplication.applicationdata is not defined" devastating my labor... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a big LS desktop Project, cannot continue!.

Generating desktop client ends compile with "type lightswitchapplication.applicationdata is not defined"

Results window display: "

\DataRuntime.vb(41) : error BC30002: El tipo 'LightSwitchApplication.ApplicationData' no está definido."

This happened out of the blue with no apparent reason. Just doing the normal things like add screens or tables to the db...

I really appreciate your help on this matter. I've tried a thousand tips but no luck with it.

Thank you in advance

Felix

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:03 PM

All replies

• Generating desktop client ends compile with "type lightswitchapplication.applicationdata is not defined"

Results window display: "

\DataRuntime.vb(41) : error BC30002: El tipo 'LightSwitchApplication.ApplicationData' no está definido."

Hi fgledesma,

To find and fix these types of errors, LightSwitch provides diagnostic capabilities both at design time and for a deployed application. Diagnostics is accomplished by enabling tracing on the client or on the server. Further information to enable diagnostics.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:21 AM
  • Dear Angie,

First, let me thank you for your kindly replay.

I've tried the way you suggest, enabling tracing (before I wrote this post). But, and let me know if I'm wrong, that is an instance you can apply ONCE COMPILATION has been successful. And the error I´m experimenting is conditioning compilation. Tracing occurs when application runs, and in my case the error occurs before the application is built, so application will never goes on line...

It seems to be a problem related to code generation during compilation time. As you can figure out reading the error message, the needed class "lightswitchapplication.applicationdata" is never defined in the 'dataruntime.vb' file. Therefore, whereas that is a basic data service class, needed to generate the other types (i.e. in "generatedartifacts\EntityG<nn>.vb" (where "nn" is a number that auto-generation assigns)), finally the other depending types never generates and the compilation ends with error.

Although I've used a back up and redo the last 2 days of work, I've greatly appreciate help on that matter because it is a threat  on the future, and I have no idea how to deal with it.

Thank you, again, and in advance.

Felix

Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:39 PM