"Access is Denied" registering a background task?

Question

• Does anyone know why the below code would throw "Access is Denied" on the last step?   I have registered access to the lock screen. 

var builder = new Windows.ApplicationModel.Background.BackgroundTaskBuilder();

builder
    .name = "myBackgroundTask";
            builder
    .taskEntryPoint = "backgroundtask.js";

var trigger = new Windows.ApplicationModel.Background.TimeTrigger(15, false);
            builder
    .setTrigger(trigger);

//if (condition !== null) {

//    builder.addCondition(condition);

//}

var task = builder.register();

Thanks

Josh

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:09 PM

Answers

• I figured it out.. It was a configuration issue.. I didn't notice when you setup the declearation in the manifest that there is a checkbox for "timer"
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:00 PM

All replies

• I figured it out.. It was a configuration issue.. I didn't notice when you setup the declearation in the manifest that there is a checkbox for "timer"
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:00 PM
  • Hi,
    var builder=new BackgroundTaskBuilder();

builder.Name=name;
    builder.TaskEntryPoint=taskEntryPoint;
    builder.SetTrigger(trigger);

if(condition!=null)
      builder.AddCondition(condition);

builder.Register(); // in this step I get exception System.UnauthorizedAccessException. Additional information: Access is denied.

This exception is throwed in Windows 8 release preview. In consumer preview I did not get this exception.

I use SystemTrigger (SystemtriggerType.UserPresent) and SystemCondition(SystemConditionType.InternetAvailable)

In Package.appxmanifest file I set System event checkbox to true and input Entry point value. Also in Package.appxmanifest code I removed 'Executable' attribute.

But when I set SystemTrigger (SystemTriggerType.InternetAvailable) and SystemCondition(SystemConditionType.UserPresent), then it is working.

Could you please help me understand this behavior?

Thank you in advance!

Monday, June 4, 2012 2:51 PM
  • as you are using time trigger you should check the timer event in manifest file,be sure it is checked.
    Friday, December 7, 2012 1:07 PM