none
PS2010 - Customize Timesheet to add custom MANDATORY fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I am working in a project to replace an existing Timesheet solution with project Server 2010.

A feature required is:
    Provide the Timesheet functionality in a way that team members can report their time and fill a couple of informational fields per task.
    The fields are:
    - Comment.
    - Customer.
    - Contact that request the task.

I modified the timesheet view to display these fields, however I want to make this fields mandatory.
    I mean, the resource will submit the time  only when custom fields have been filled-completed.

Question:
    How can I customize the Timesheet View to make the fields mandatory

- Customize the existing timesheet??
    - Create a new timesheet Form that control all the events??

In any case, where can I get some sample to customize the Timesheet?

Regards
    Diego

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Diego,

Did you get any help on the timesheet issue. Even I have to do the same task where in I need to make the comments column mandatory in the timesheet.

I am using project server 2007 with sp2.

Please revert if you found the solution for the above timesheet issue.

Regards,

Sudhir

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 10:59 PM
  • Hi Sudhir.

I didn´t get a response about how to achieve this req about mandatory fields.

However, I was in contact with a mexican company that stated that they were successfull thru portal customization using code, if you require I can tell you the email.

Regards

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:50 PM
  • Hi Sudhir.

I didn´t get a response about how to achieve this req about mandatory fields.

However, I was in contact with a mexican company that stated that they were successfull thru portal customization using code, if you require I can tell you the email.

Regards

Hi Diego,

I have to do the same task, Please I need your help or the email of the mexican company.

Regards.

chniter sami

Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:33 PM