gacutil on Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• User2006713638 posted

Where is gacutil on Windows Server 2012? search does not find gacutil.exe 

when I try to run gacutil.exe /i in either folder

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_64

I get error message

gacutil.exe : The term 'gacutil.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
    program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

is there some other way to add assemblies in Server 2012?

Sunday, December 9, 2012 12:38 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi kvh

Where is gacutil on Windows Server 2012

You could learn this blog where is gacutil.exe, it will give you some tips about that. 

gacutil.exe : The term 'gacutil.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
    program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Please refer Gacutil.exe (Global Assembly Cache Tool) in .NET 4.5 here(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ex0ss12c(v=vs.110).aspx),

hope it helps you.

Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:26 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi kvh

Where is gacutil on Windows Server 2012

You could learn this blog where is gacutil.exe, it will give you some tips about that. 

Please refer Gacutil.exe (Global Assembly Cache Tool) in .NET 4.5 here(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ex0ss12c(v=vs.110).aspx),

hope it helps you.

Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:26 PM
  • User-145376871 posted

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools

Saturday, June 1, 2013 9:28 PM