none
Using account "Fax Mail Transport" RRS feed

• Question

• When I use the account "Fax Mail Transport" to send an email, the message gets sent to the Exchange server on the SBS 2003 computer. Exchange sends the message to the SBS Fax and the fax gets sent. So far, so good. However, the phone number that gets used is based upon the sending computer's dialing settings. For example, if I'm on the road with my laptop, VPN into the SBS server and send the message, the dialing settings being used is the one on the laptop for the location I'm currently at. Well, since sending a fax this way the fax is dialed by the server, it would make more sense to me if the phone number was passed to the server and the sever's dialing settings were used since the location of the server is where the fax is actually being dialed from. Also, even if I have to change it on the laptop, there is nowhere in the message (at least not that I've found) to change the dailing rules to the home rules. I have to go to Control Panel or bring up a DUN connection and change the setting before sending the message via the Fax Mail Transport.

The best fix for this would be to use the server's dialing rules. Is there a way to do that? If not, is there a way to have the local computers dialing rules option appear in the message when I select Fax Mail Transport as the sending account in Outlook for an easier way to make the change?
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 5:03 PM

Answers