Azure CDN throws "Request cannot be served" RRS feed

• Question

• I have AZURE CDN profile and Endpoint created, with origin type as "custom origin" pointing to load balancer and have a VM behind load balancer. Request should flow like CDN -> Load balancer -> Application on VM. As load balancer doesn't have ssl offloading, have created self signed certificate for VM. Now the problem is when i try to access the CDN endpoint am getting "Request cannot be served", but i can access the application through both server address as well as load balancer, all calls go via https. Could you help me on sorting this.
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

when you access the LB directly bypassing the LB, does it work?

Also I have seen those error messages where it takes some time to reflect. So, wait for few minutes and try again. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:32 AM
  • Hi Srini,

I can access by directly connecting to loadbalancer as well as connecting to server's url. Yeah, i have tried waiting for 10-15 minutes after each change still its not reflecting.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:41 AM
  • Did you give the IP of the LB or the FQDN of the LB in the CDN endpoint profile?

What protocol did you select in the Endpoint config?

Is it an Azure Load balancer or any 3rd party NVA which you added to the origin of the CDN?

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:49 AM
  • yeah i tried both IP and DNS configured for Loadbalancer in CDN endpoint.

As Origin, in my case is loadbalancer, i chose HTTPS as protocol and 443 as Origin port.

Am using Azure load balancer only, which added as Origin to CDN.

Regards,

Ananth.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:19 AM
  • Just to add the same thing with http works fine,, the flow CDN -> LB -> App works fine. Only when configured for https getting "Request cannot be served"
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:45 AM
  • Thank you for your response. 

What is your LB config?

Do you have a front end port 443 configured in LB?

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:52 AM
  • yes,

Load Balancer config:    Load balancer front end port : 443, Backend pool port: 443, Health probe: TCP 443.

CDN config:     Origin : Loadbalancer IP / FQDN Origin type: Custom Origin Origin port: 443 and CDN profile : Azure CDN Standard from Microsoft.

And i can access both load balancer and server url's without any issue.

Regards,

Ananth. 

Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:07 PM
  • Can you drop an email to Azcommunity@microsoft.com with your subscription ID and the FDQN of your CDN so that I can test and get back to you. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:24 PM
  • Hi, 

In the Endpoint, you have mentioned "yourCDN.azureedge.net" and hence your call is failing. So, if you remove the hostname filed and add the hostname same as origin "XXXX-load-balancer.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com", you issue will be resolved. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:21 AM
  • Hi, 

Do you have any update on this thread?

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:21 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same.

Regards, 

Msrini

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same.

Regards, 

Msrini

Friday, August 23, 2019 6:45 AM