none
Can Dreamspark keys be used for more than one machine? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been told to ask my question here from DreamSpark support, currently I have a virtual machine setup with Windows 2008 Server Standard 32-bit (obtained from DreamSpark) and I would like to expand this virtual network with another Server (of the same type). Basically, can I use the Product Key from before (no more are given out to me on the site) to activate more systems without error?
    • Edited by abc_harold Friday, November 23, 2012 7:02 PM
    Friday, November 23, 2012 7:02 PM

Answers

• I believe the product key is checked when you put that key into your server however using the same key will switch the ownership to the other server and will make the first server will not be activated because the original product key will be placed on another server. Are you in school as long as you are not doing commercial tasks your Professor could help you with another key.

I hope this helps

alj

alj

• Proposed as answer by Allen Jefferson Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by abc_harold Monday, December 3, 2012 11:47 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:55 PM

All replies

• I believe the product key is checked when you put that key into your server however using the same key will switch the ownership to the other server and will make the first server will not be activated because the original product key will be placed on another server. Are you in school as long as you are not doing commercial tasks your Professor could help you with another key.

I hope this helps

alj

alj

• Proposed as answer by Allen Jefferson Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by abc_harold Monday, December 3, 2012 11:47 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:55 PM
  • Thanks for a response, I think I'll just clone my VM rather than pestering my teacher to get me another key, that should keep the activation status too.  
    Monday, December 3, 2012 11:47 PM