OO Programming in ASP.NET C# RRS feed

• Question

• User-733496846 posted

Hi,

I have created a .NET content management system in .NET 2.0 using code behind files for every page(which worked great and the client was well pleased). I now work for a company that create all their .NET websites/applications using an OO approach thus compiling classes into dll's/namespaces. This seems massively more complicated compared with my first .net site and now feel completely lost with the whole .NET thing. Does anybody now of some great books that demonstarte how to create web sites using ASP.NET in C# using an OO approach. All the book I find mention about OO comparing dogs and trees but never seem to give real life examples.

Please help!!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 8:37 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

Correction:  Dogs and cars.  Trees are a tricky subject for OOP illustrations, as they don't exhibit much by the way of behaviour.  protected void ShedLeaves().  Hmmm....

I haven't seen any good books of the sort you are looking for, but this set of articles will, I'm sure, turn most of your lightbulbs on: http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 

[Edit]

Almost forgot.  Once you've read those articles, order Marco Bellisano's book.  It builds on that approach nicely.  It is a good book. 

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 9:09 AM