HTML Signature Issue RRS feed

• Question

• So I am working on an app that is using the HTML client for LS 2012. I have setup a signature field so that a form can be signed with a stylus. I followed Beth Massi's great tutorial on this  (Link). The only problem I have is that the control to actually sign in is fairly small and I would like to make it taller and possibly wider. If you are using a finger or "finger-type" stylus it wants to scroll the screen instead of writing because it is so easy to miss the border of the control. Changing the height of the control from Fit to Content to a fixed size doesn't actually resize the control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:44 PM

Answers

• Does the code, that Beth provided you in the same link as your post, resolve the size issue?

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

• Marked as answer by JoshWilliam Wednesday, May 1, 2013 2:04 PM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:14 AM

All replies

• Does the code, that Beth provided you in the same link as your post, resolve the size issue?

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

• Marked as answer by JoshWilliam Wednesday, May 1, 2013 2:04 PM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:14 AM
  • The jSignature method has some optional overloads.  For example:

Example 4 - Custom dimensions

You can define the dimensions of the canvas. Although you can define the dimensions via CSS, defining it here will also specify the dimensions when the canvas is exported. <tt> $("#signature4").jSignature({width:300,height:200});</tt>

See the API for more information.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:37 PM