dialog closing problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends,

I made a DLL in VC++, WTL/ATL. this DLL attach a toolbar to the Internet Explorer window, when we start IExplorer.

This toolbar contains menu items , on click of these menus, some dialog opens.

Now problem is that, when i am going to close IExplorer window then it doesn't close. for closing it first i have to close the dialog window.

Is there any way , so that i can close IExplorer without closing dialog,

My dialog is modeless. Means i want no any dependency between these dialogs anf IExplorer window.

This is very urgent. If anybody knows then please relpy.
    Monday, March 27, 2006 7:05 AM

Answers

• You will need to create a new process that hosts your dialog box and create a thin DLL to host in IE that launches your process so that it can live on beyond IEXPLORE.EXE

Monday, March 27, 2006 3:12 PM

All replies

• You will need to create a new process that hosts your dialog box and create a thin DLL to host in IE that launches your process so that it can live on beyond IEXPLORE.EXE

Monday, March 27, 2006 3:12 PM
  •  harish1981 wrote:
    I made a DLL in VC++, WTL/ATL. this DLL attach a toolbar to the Internet Explorer window, when we start IExplorer.
    This toolbar contains menu items , on click of these menus, some dialog opens.

would you please show me some hints of how you display a dialog from IE toolbar?

I want to show a dialog(ATL) when a button on IE toolbar clicked.

Thanks.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:27 AM