none
Multiple Languages Support and IME switching built into a single WEC 7 image RRS feed

• Question

• We are planning to build a single NK.bin image for a global binary which can be deployed into different regions by simply varying the IME and language on initial configuration.

However, before I will try this out, I received some feedback from previous developer who worked on CE 5.0 version products that there is a conflict of IME whenever they try to achieve the same build way back. There seems to be a limitation that disallow switching of IME especially with Asia regions (i.e. Korea, Trad Chinese, Simp Chinese). Is this true to CE 5.0? How about WEC 7?

Our image now built under WEC 7, btw. I have not seen such limitation. But rather than relying on guts, I'll just check first with you guys if ever you have previously tried this as well. And how did you make it work?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:13 AM

All replies

• I am not aware of limitations caused by the OS (but I am not a big expert on this).   What I am aware of is hardware limitations.

Most hardware from 10 years ago when Windows CE 5.0 did not have enough flash and RAM to support the inclusion of many fonts necessary to support the multiple languages.  That is, once the fonts are added, the OS is just too big.

For Compact 7, most hardware does not have the flash and RAM size limits.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 12:25 PM