none
Visual Studio Blend 2015 - Unable to Start Debugging

All replies

• Hi TylerJaacks,

I create a UWP project and test in my side, I can debug it successfully.

Did this issue just happened on a UWP project? If you create a new WPF project and try to start debug, did this error still occurred?

If you use the Microsoft Visual Studio to debug project rather than Microsoft Blend for Visual Studio, did this issue happened?

(1)If this issue just happened on the UWP project, you can check whether target version you selected when you create the project. The target version must more previous than the windows version.

(2)If Visual Studio can debug the project but Blend cannot, I suggest you reset Blend settings. Open "Microsoft Blend for Visual Studio", select "Tools->Reset all settings".

(3)If all type projects can't start debug, maybe your VS corrupted. Open the control panel, find your VS and try to repair it.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:05 AM
  • 1) Yes (The Target was Aniversary Update).

2) This doesn't work.

3) This also doesn't work.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 3:50 PM
  • Hi TylerJaacks,

Did it work well before? If you create the default blank UWP app in your blend, does it work normally?

Not run it in your blend, just run it using the VS IDE, how about the result?

Not debug your app, just run your app using "start without debugging", do you get any compiled error or warning in the output or Error list window?

I could run the UWP app using VS2015 blend in my windows 10 machine, the following screen shots shared my steps and the blend version information. So you need to check that whether your windows is the latest one, and your Blend is also the latest version.

Of course, please also make sure that the designer loaded well, and check that whether the same app works well in other blend machine. So we could know that whether it is related to your Windows or VS Environment or project itself.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 2:10 AM
  • Debugging works in Visual Studio, and start without debugging works in Blend.
    Friday, October 07, 2016 12:37 AM
  • Hi TylerJaacks,

As our previous reply, whether all apps have the same issue?

Do you run your blend as the admin? If you copy the app to another shared folder, and then delete the bin\...folder, and then re-open and compile it, how about the result if you debug it again?

It seems that the real issue was related to your blend, you can try to repair or reinstall the Blend:

1. Open "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache", search "ModernBlend_Core_net", you will find the "ModernBlend_Core_net.msi" in "{…}v14.0.25420\packages\Blend_Core" folder.
    2. Right-click ModernBlend_Core_net.msi and select "Repair"
    3. Open "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache" again, search "ModernBlend_LP_net", you will find the "ModernBlend_LP_net.msi" in "{…}v14.0.25420\packages\Blend_LP\enu" folder.
    4. Right-click “ModernBlend_LP_net.msi”, select "Repair".

You can also select "uninstall", then reinstall the VS IDE again.

Of course, if a new simple UWP app works well, I suggest you share us a simple sample, I will debug it in my side.

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, October 07, 2016 7:29 AM
  • Is there a way to fix this with uninstalling Visual Studio?
    Friday, October 07, 2016 8:09 PM
  • Hi TylerJaacks,

Maybe you could share me the detailed VS setup log messages.

Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

In addition, please delete the Bin\release folder, and change the configuration to debug mode, clean and build your app, debug it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, October 10, 2016 6:25 AM
  • After repairing or before?
    Monday, October 10, 2016 11:03 PM
  • I suggest you collect the setup log messages and delete the output folder before you repair the VS.

Of course, you can also test it after you repair your VS.

Thanks,

Jack

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:38 AM
  • I mean I have repaired VS many times trying to fix this issue.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:25 AM
  • Hi TylerJaacks,

If possible, you could collect the setup logs even if you have repaired your VS, I will analyze the log file in my side.

Since it works well in other VS blend machine, and the  blend was included in the VS IDE, if possible, you could compare the SHA-1 Hashes after you download the ISO file, at least, we could make sure that it is not the VS setup file issue:

https://www.visualstudio.com/productinfo/vs2015-sha-vs

Best Regards,

Jack

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:59 AM
  • I have the the ISO downloaded if you could tell me how to compare Hashes that would be great. Here is the VSLogs https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmHuzWuasLIWvV6Fp4O0dzq5sZZY
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 4:31 PM
  • If you downloaded File Checksum Integrity Verifier from Jack's link, should be:
    fciv.exe –sha1 <your_filename>

With kind regards
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:07 PM
  • Hashes match.
    Friday, October 14, 2016 10:31 PM
  • Hi TylerJaacks,

Can you share us a simple sample using one drive? Please also share the setup log messages?

If it has the matched hashes value, at least, we could make sure that it is not the VS setup file issue, so I think we need to collect the detailed setup log messages and the project itself.

Thanks,

Jack

Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:02 AM
  • Ended Up Solving the Issue by Reinstalling Visual Studio.
    Friday, October 21, 2016 6:47 PM
  • @TylerJaacks,

If so, it would be the VS setup issue, glad to know that you have resolved this issue, you could mark helpful replies as the answers, so it would be helpful for other members who also get this issue.

Have a nice day,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, October 22, 2016 9:18 AM