Can an extension be written for C++ that can utilize visual studio parser for tokens, etc? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am thinking about writing an extension for visual studio 2012 C++ but currently have multiple questions about what type of extension and if it is even possible.

What I would like to do is to create something similar to the class diagram view that is able to draw any type of primitives like circles, rectangles, text, etc based on some class information (a visualization of code)

Now I am unsure what type of extension this should be. This page is not much of a help http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/vstudio/dd885119.aspx as I want explicitly to do this for C++ (for C++ code, developing should be done in C#).

Further more I would like to know whether it is possible to use the visual studio build in lexer and parser to parse certain h/cpp files and obtain information about what is a class definition, what is a member definition, what is the corresponding member declaration, etc.

Thanks

Sam

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Monday, December 17, 2012 7:02 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:29 PM

Answers