AjaxFileUpload Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• User-1815518934 posted

I have a file upload page, I'm using the AjaxFileUpload in its latest version, the server already have permission to read and write files. My problem is that when I upload the file and try to open the system the server is requesting an authentication to view it, does anyone know why it is happening so?

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 11:00 AM

Answers

• User-417640953 posted

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for posting to asp.net forum.

From your description, I see that you are using the AjaxFileUpload to upload file. However it needs login when upload files.

I think you need register the AjaxFileUploadHandler.axd handler in web.config.

<handlers>
          <add name="AjaxFileUploadHandler" verb="*" path="AjaxFileUploadHandler.axd" type="AjaxControlToolkit.AjaxFileUploadHandler, AjaxControlToolkit"/> 
    </handlers> 

When upload file, client side will call the handler file registered. And if your WebSite needs Authentication then it will ask you login.

I'd like to suggest you read the introduction of AjaxFileUpload in below link. It will tell you how to set and use AjaxFileUpload.

http://www.asp.net/ajaxLibrary/AjaxControlToolkitSampleSite/AjaxFileUpload/AjaxFileUpload.aspx

Thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 4:49 AM

All replies

• Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:02 AM
  • User-1815518934 posted

I saw this post, in my case the problem is not browser, I'm using chrome, uploading normally occurs, the file is saved in the informed, however I can not visualize it for lack of permission, when using the FileUpload component works well, I can upload and view the file

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:31 AM
  • User-417640953 posted

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for posting to asp.net forum.

From your description, I see that you are using the AjaxFileUpload to upload file. However it needs login when upload files.

I think you need register the AjaxFileUploadHandler.axd handler in web.config.

<handlers>
          <add name="AjaxFileUploadHandler" verb="*" path="AjaxFileUploadHandler.axd" type="AjaxControlToolkit.AjaxFileUploadHandler, AjaxControlToolkit"/> 
    </handlers> 

When upload file, client side will call the handler file registered. And if your WebSite needs Authentication then it will ask you login.

I'd like to suggest you read the introduction of AjaxFileUpload in below link. It will tell you how to set and use AjaxFileUpload.

http://www.asp.net/ajaxLibrary/AjaxControlToolkitSampleSite/AjaxFileUpload/AjaxFileUpload.aspx

Thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 4:49 AM
  • User432705101 posted

I have tried adding this to my web.config, but after I save it, my entire website breaks and displays the error: "500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed." Any idea what might cause this?

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:38 AM