none
Custom Outlook 2016 Add-In with c# RRS feed

• Question

• On installation of my custom Add-In, i have a successful installation. The problem is the installation keeps running a downloading checking for customization update... I am unsure what this is for and also, on the clients machine this breaks, as I presume they are either running a proxy or firewall. So how do i disable the update and can I, if i can, would this affect any security settings on the clients machine as they are pretty hectic on security. Could this be a result of a certificate? I have tried to disable certificate revocation in regedit, had no effect after restart. I would appreciate any assistance in this. Thanks. 
    Friday, September 29, 2017 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The problem is the installation keeps running a downloading checking for customization update...

How did you find that? Are you sure that your plug-in do that, not Outlook?

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Friday, September 29, 2017 8:18 PM
  • Hello,

How do you deploy the add-in? What customization update would you see? Could you please share some screenshots about that? If you are unable to insert picture, please share it via cloud storage service like OneDrive and share the link here. 

Is the update for your Add-ins? If you deploy add-ins using ClickOnce, you could go to Project Properties -> Publish -> Install Settings -> Updates to customize your update options. 

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 2, 2017 3:34 AM