none
is it possible to do a batchbuild all and start using a single start button ?.

Question

• I'm developing both the libraries of an application and the application itself.
    The code is quite experimental and a lot functions have to be tested and tuned tweaked etc.
    So i have to perform lots of small changes and do lots of a run test, to check the coding math.

I find it annoying that each time I have to go to the build menu, then press build all, and press start.
    As the libraries who's code i update will only update with build all.

So i wonder is it possible to add some kind of a macro button that does perform a build all and start all in one action ?.
    • Edited by PGT2008 Friday, March 25, 2016 2:28 PM
    Friday, March 25, 2016 2:27 PM

Answers

• If you need to start more than one project, then see the “Startup Project” options of solution’s Properties dialog.

In order to express a specific dependency between projects and to enforce compilation, right-click the solution in Solution Explorer, then “Project Dependencies”, or add references if needed.

Visual Studio is able to rebuild only the changed files and projects, which is an advantage, so that you rarely need “Rebuild Solution”. Just press “Run”.

By the way, menu commands like “Rebuild Solution” can be placed to some customised toolbar.

Friday, March 25, 2016 4:50 PM

All replies

• If you need to start more than one project, then see the “Startup Project” options of solution’s Properties dialog.

In order to express a specific dependency between projects and to enforce compilation, right-click the solution in Solution Explorer, then “Project Dependencies”, or add references if needed.

Visual Studio is able to rebuild only the changed files and projects, which is an advantage, so that you rarely need “Rebuild Solution”. Just press “Run”.

By the way, menu commands like “Rebuild Solution” can be placed to some customised toolbar.

Friday, March 25, 2016 4:50 PM
  • yes i want a rebuild buiton of  the entire solution (both the dll prj and the app prj).
    I dont like to push rebuild all each time.
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 1:38 AM
  • Thanks for Viorel's help.

Hi PGT2008,

I'm agree with Viorel's suggestion. If your start up project references other libraries, when you hit the "Run" button in tools bar, it will rebuild all libraries that modified automatically.

If you have tried Viorel's suggestion and it works for you, please mark the helpful reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, March 28, 2016 5:37 AM