Can't deploy Visual Studio 2003 solution on Windows CE 5.0 device. RRS feed

• Question

• I've inherited an application Windows CE 5 (so it seems).
    and I am asking you to make changes.
    I thought it was good and right, set up a Virtual Machine with Visual Studio 2003 pro.
    The first problems were to attach Windows CE Terminal 5 the development environment but I solved it.
    Now running the deploy application, an error is displayed like "Framework is not compatible with the current operating system".
    It seems that the framework is not used by the application is not compatible with the device.
    But I honestly can't figure out what and where to check.
    Thanks.
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Visual Studio .NET 2003 is designed to make deploying and debugging applications easy on Pocket PC and other devices running Windows CE 4.1 and later. However, Visual Studio is unable to connect to devices running Windows CE that do not have an ActiveSync connection and cannot dynamically determine the CPU on non-Pocket PC devices. This add-on pack addresses these issues and enables Visual Studio to connect, deploy, and debug any device running Windows CE 4.1 or later.
    The Windows CE Utilities for Visual Studio .NET 2003 add-on pack enables connecting through ActiveSync or directly over Ethernet (ActiveSync not required).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=7EC99CA6-2095-4086-B0CC-7C6C39B28762&displaylang=en

Thanks

Binze

Binze Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bin-ze Zhao Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:57 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 9:04 AM