Manifest Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am using Visual studio 2010 express for windows phone with sdk 7.1 , when I was creating a GPS application to find my own location , I found that I dont have manifest designer option to check various capabilties in WMAppManifest.xml , and I dont know whats gone wrong please guide me , how to manifest designer to my visual studio.

Regards,

Arun Dua

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:30 AM

All replies

• In visual studio and I assume it is the same in express if you expand where you see properties you will see the manifest file.  When you double click to open the file in the solution explorer you will see the designer.
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:10 PM
  • yes sir it should happn the same way as you mentioned here , but this is the problem I am not able to see manifest designer when I double click manifest file , so that I can check capabilities .
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:44 PM
  • can anybody suggest how to check the capabilities , without manifest designer ???????? as i tried re-installing the sdk two times , it didnt work , manifest designer is not there .

Regards ,

Arun

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:07 PM
  • This is to confirm that Designer for manifest (WMAppManifest.xaml) file was/is not available in Visual Studio Express 2010 for Windows Phone.

The XML is pretty straight forward and you can manually edit that. This will help,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff769509(v=vs.105).aspx

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:59 AM