none
Outlook controls in custom form region created in Visual Stdio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to use all the outlook controls (e.g. Body control, Send button) in custom form region created in Visual studio. 

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 12:40 PM

Answers

• You need to use standard .net controls to set/get MailItem properties, i.e. deal with the Outlook object model.
    • Marked as answer by Vijay VSTO Friday, April 24, 2015 11:35 AM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Vijay,

No, it is not. Why do you need to use them if you have a wide set of .net controls?

Use standard .net controls to set/get MailItem properties, i.e. deal with the Outlook object model.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 12:50 PM
  • Hi Vijay,

Which control you are not able to use? Based on my understanding, there are two ways to custom the form region in Outlook.

First is creating a new form region by using the wizard. The second is importing a form region designed in Outlook.

In the second secnario, we can use add native Outlook controls to the form region. Native Outlook controls enable you to bind to Outlook data at design time. However, you cannot then use the form region designer to add managed controls or change the design of the form region.

You can get more detail about this topic form link below:
    Creating Outlook Form Regions

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:08 AM
  • Hi Fei,

I have created the form region directly in Visual Studio using the Wizard.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:18 AM
  • You need to use standard .net controls to set/get MailItem properties, i.e. deal with the Outlook object model.
    • Marked as answer by Vijay VSTO Friday, April 24, 2015 11:35 AM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:13 AM