none
MS Access - problem to update sharepoint list with local table RRS feed

• Question

• I have contents in local table and I am trying to update it in sharepoint linked table, In which I am not able to update and gets error message as

"You cannot reference rows created when you are disconnected from the server because this violates the lookup settings defined for this table or list. Please reconnect all tables with the server and try again"

Dim strTempSql  as string

strTempSql = "Update [LinkedTable] Set [Expected Date] = '" & strExpectedDate1 & "' where [LinkedTable].[Request #] = '" & CStr(rsGIS![Request ID]) & "'"

DoCmd.RunSQL strTempSql

Any ways to update the sharepointlist from MS ACCESS?

Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:56 AM

Answers

• Hi, Vmoorth

It can be possible that it can be a data integrity issue. It is also possible that the data you are inserting is not breaking a integrity rules but your older data can have issue with data integrity. So you can try to change the integrity rules or can create new rules can help to solve your issue

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:42 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi, Vmoorth

From the error message its look like server connection is disconnected. So I want to confirm with you that is connection to the server is connected? Also I want to confirm with you that you are performing this operation for 1<sup>st</sup> time or you have already perform this operation many times and now you are getting error.

Regards

Deepak

Friday, March 4, 2016 8:02 AM
  • Hi deepak,

I have been updating the records to sharepoint linked table from native local access table only for certain records say 300 and i have total 1200 records after that 300 records gets updated it is throwing error

"You cannot reference rows created when you are disconnected from the server because this violates the lookup settings defined for this table or list. Please reconnect all tables with the server and try again"

thanks

Vmoorth

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:31 AM
  • Hi,Vmoorth

can you tell me

(1)Can you manually edit fields in the shared table / list within Access, and such edits be reflected in sharepoint?
    (2) The shared table shows as an orange icon in Access, correct?

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Friday, March 11, 2016 6:57 AM
  • I can manually edit the fields and can see the changes being  relected in the linked table.

The linked table is in orange color with an arrow facing towards it.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:51 AM
  • Hi, Vmoorth

It can be possible that it can be a data integrity issue. It is also possible that the data you are inserting is not breaking a integrity rules but your older data can have issue with data integrity. So you can try to change the integrity rules or can create new rules can help to solve your issue

Regards

Deepak

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:42 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:43 AM
  • What if you cant edit it the list on the native list in Access either like this error pops out everytime I attemp to modify something and I have all the permissions in Access

Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:52 PM