Privacy warning RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created a form in Excel with some checkboxes, combo boxes and text boxes and command buttons.

Now I am getting a message box, every time I save excel sheet and also at some specific intervals of time.

Message reads like:
    Privacy Warning: This document contains macros, Active X controls, XML Expressions or web components... this may include personal information that cannot be removed by document inspector.

my question is: What is Document Inspector? and
                              How do I disable this message (reason being, this user screen works with nearly 400 entries per day, which means, he pressess SAVE Button 400 times - but I cannot remove save button as they have to save each record/entry)

Any help, I appreciate.

With regards
    Repath Athyala

Love the Love that Loves the Love and Hate the Love that Loves the Hate.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:21 PM

Answers

• In a single file ? Then do manually..

Excel Options->Trust Centre->Trust Centre Setting at Right Middle->Privacy OPtions - >A checkbox "Remove Personal ..." at middle.Uncheck it.

or by VBA

Thisworkbook.RemovePersonalInformation=False

Obviosuly don't keep any private information in doc property.

Best Regards,
    Asadulla Javed, Kolkata
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:33 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• In a single file ? Then do manually..

Excel Options->Trust Centre->Trust Centre Setting at Right Middle->Privacy OPtions - >A checkbox "Remove Personal ..." at middle.Uncheck it.

or by VBA

Thisworkbook.RemovePersonalInformation=False

Obviosuly don't keep any private information in doc property.

Best Regards,
    Asadulla Javed, Kolkata
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:33 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you very much... Asadulla Javed.

Love the Love that Loves the Love and Hate the Love that Loves the Hate.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:10 PM
  • okey, I have successfully!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:18 AM
  • thank you very much, 1 vote for you!
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:19 AM