New feature: Export report RRS feed

• Question

• User537178428 posted
    It would be nice to be able to export the analysis results to a file or files that can be viewed by others.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:38 PM

All replies

• User-1637866776 posted

Thanks for the first feedback on the tool!

Currently it is possible to export each individual report into a CSV formatted file. Will that be enought or do you need to export the entire set of reports at once and into some other format?

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:08 PM
  • User-47214744 posted

By the way, a couple of ways to get the information:

1) In every "List View" showing results you can select the rows and press Ctrl+C and it will copy the data into the clipboard in a CSV format which can be then Pasted in your favorite Spreadsheet software (ie: Excel).

2) In the reports dashboard you can click "Actions->Open Query" and in the Query builder UI you have the option to Export to CSV the results directly.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:58 PM
  • User2140400179 posted

This is a great tool!  Thanks for all the effort.  Personally, I'd like to be able to export the entire report to a single format like excel with links to the worksheets created from the summary page.  Right now I have to create the sheets one at a time then link them in the workbook.

Again, thanks for the tool.  It was a nice surprise. 

Paul

Currently it is possible to export each individual report into a CSV formatted file. Will that be enought or do you need to export the entire set of reports at once and into some other format?

Monday, June 8, 2009 12:32 PM
  • User21245459 posted
    The CSV export is great, except when columns contain commas (e.g. Violation Description, Recommendations, etc). It kills the columns when opened in excel. Being able to export as an excel file would be a great addition to this already solid tool.

Thanks for the first feedback on the tool!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:23 AM
  • User-1172329976 posted

May be PrintScreen or Copy-Paste can help you?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:33 AM
  • User-1631849938 posted

It would be nice in a report if it had the page the violation details.  I know i can export all the unncessary redirect pages. But I'd rather have the violation details then so i can find all the pages that have that problem. 

Or a search of the violation details would be great too.

Other than that. The tool is great adn is incredibly helpful.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:47 PM
  • User-47214744 posted

You should be able to create that,

1) Go to the "summary view" of the report you want

2) you will find a menu called "Query", underneat it choose "New Violations Query"

3) You should now be able to perform any query based on Violation Description or anything else. Note that you can also add any columns by using the "Add/Remove columns" dialog which should let you then easily export to Excel or copy/paste into any text editor.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:12 PM
  • User249397872 posted
    I'd love to be able to export the reports as a PDF so I couled distribute them to others.  Or if there was a way to share the report online.  It's great that I can see the report but I need to hand it over to developers so they can make the updates.
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:31 PM
  • User-47214744 posted

Today we have released the Beta 2 version of the IIS SEO Toolkit that includes the ability to export all violations, or all URLs, or all LInks to a CSV file with a single click. Then you can use Excel or your favorite Spreadsheet program to analyze them further, or you can also use Log Parser to query them if needed. Just go to:

http://www.iis.net/extensions/SEOToolkit

Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:08 PM