none
no launching icon

Question

• I'm trying to install SQL server 64-bit and I'm getting the following error:

SQL server 2008 setup100.exe and setuppatch.exe cannot be run in this mode. If tou are running setup100.exe, start setup.exe instead.

I can't find setup.exe for the 64-bit installation.

What can I do?

Saturday, December 3, 2016 4:12 AM

All replies

• You are doing something wrong. You have to go into folder in which you have copied setup file inside you will see setup icon with green color right click on it and select run as administrator

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Saturday, December 3, 2016 4:33 AM
  • SQL server 2008 setup100.exe and setuppatch.exe cannot be run in this mode.

I never noticed any SQL Server installer with that file names. Seems you are using a wrong installer, in worst case it's a malware.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Sunday, December 4, 2016 7:11 AM
  • Hi manu45,

According to your description, it looks like that you only copy the x64 folder to your machine to install.  Did you only see the folder shown as below picture?

Please download the full installation media and then load it, then use the setup.exe to install it, it is shown as below picture:

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 5, 2016 6:49 AM