none
Net Framework 3.5 can't installed on my PC RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to install it again, the problems appear. It says

Windows couldn't connect to the internet to download necessary files. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet and click "Retry" to try again.

Error code: 0x800F0906

I've been tried another solutions, from edit the group policy, download the offline installer (but it's also need an internet connection), but I don't have Windows Installation Media

How can I fix this?

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:21 PM

Answers

• Hello Dihliz Maulana,

What's your OS version? If you are on Win7 or highter, .NET 3.5 is embeded on your OS and please try turn on this feature.

If you are on earlier version OS, you need to use offline installer.

"download the offline installer (but it's also need an internet connection)" why the offline installer need to be online? Where you download the file? From here http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=25150?

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:29 AM

All replies

• Hello Dihliz,

It looks like you are trying to run a web installer. Is that the case?

Could you specify the OS?

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 5:49 AM
  • Hello Dihliz Maulana,

What's your OS version? If you are on Win7 or highter, .NET 3.5 is embeded on your OS and please try turn on this feature.

If you are on earlier version OS, you need to use offline installer.

"download the offline installer (but it's also need an internet connection)" why the offline installer need to be online? Where you download the file? From here http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=25150?

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:29 AM
  • When I try to install it again, the problems appear. It says

Windows couldn't connect to the internet to download necessary files. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet and click "Retry" to try again.

Error code: 0x800F0906

I've been tried another solutions, from edit the group policy, download the offline installer (but it's also need an internet connection), but I don't have Windows Installation Media

How can I fix this?

Further on what Barry told you. The standalone .NET Framework cumulative installer does not need an internet connection UNLESS your Windows is not patched up yo date and needs prerequisite updates through Windows Update.

As Barry and Eugene both told you, we need to know your Windows version and SP level in order to provide specific, useful, suggestions.

It would also help if you could provide your install logs as follows:

Please collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like OneDrive, and post the link here.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:52 PM