DAX filtering quandary RRS feed

Answers

• Hi blezin,

I find you have post a new thread about this issue. I will try my best to help and update in the new one. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi blezin,

The entity_name field is located in another table named ‘DimEntity’, right? If it is, you should create in relationship between two tables, then use the following formula to calculate the result.

CALCULATE([adj_sentiment],ALLEXCEPT(DimEntity, DimEntity[entity_name]))

Create a slicer, relate it to Pivot table, please check if it resolve your issue.

If this is not, please share the .pbix file(it worked in Power BI) for further analysis?

If you have any other problem, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 13, 2017 1:52 AM
  • Hi blezin,

Thanks for your detail description, Please try ALLSELECTED function.
    CALCULATE(Table[adj_sentiment],ALLEXCEPT(DimEntity, DimEntity[entity_name]),ALLSELECTED(Table[adj_sentiment]))

>>Sort of a paradox but very doable with a simple nested sub-query with t-sql.

Your data is privicy, so it's inconvenience to share your .pbix file. Could you please share the t-sql for further analysis?

If you have any other problem, please feel free to ask.
    Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:37 AM
  • Hi blezin,

I find you have post a new thread about this issue. I will try my best to help and update in the new one. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:29 AM