none
Can't access user defined function VBAProject -> Modules will not expand to show macros RRS feed

• Question

• I wrote a user function. I used to be able to access it by typing Ctrl ->F11.  Now when I type Ctrl ->F11 nothing happens.

My code is in Module2

I go to VBAProject (My project name) -> Modules -> Module2 and press on the icon to the left to expand it but nothing happens.

I know my function is in Module2 because when I follow the following instruction Module2 is highlighted.

• Press ALT+F11 to open your VBA editor
    • Click View>Project Explorer (it may already be visible.)
    • You should see "VBAProject(your workbook name.xls). Click that.
    • Click one of the sheets under 'Microsoft Excel Objects' in the Project explorer.
    • Click View>Code
    • Click Edit>Find
    • Type the name of the function in the box
    • Ensure 'Current Project' is selected.
    • Click Find Next

I made sure that he workbook is not protected and the sheet the function is on is not protected.

Why can I get to my function. I need to edit it.

As a side note the "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications" window dose not look the same as it did when I first started using it.

The VBAProject window is no longer along the left side. I have to open it through the View pull-down. Do you know how to get the window back to its original from. 

Thanks in advance for you help.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:01 PM

All replies

• Re:  VBE screwed up

I had something similar happen once and I had a difficult time with it and don't remember exactly what I did.
      Try displaying the View menu and click on 'Properties Window' on the dropdown menu.
      The other thing to try is double-clicking on the thin horizontal line directly above where is says:  VBAProject(ACE MSA...)

'---
    Jim Cone
    Portland, Oregon USA

• Edited by James Cone Monday, March 28, 2016 2:49 PM
    Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:46 AM
  • Close all applications that use VBA and rename this key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\6.0\Common\Dock
    to say ...\DockOld

When you start Excel and open the VBE it will build a new Key with default settings. Press F5 to refresh Regedit to see the new Dock, and delete DocklOld

Thursday, March 24, 2016 8:26 AM