none
An unknown error occurred while downloading Office Standard 2010 (x64) - (English) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting an "Unknown Network Error"  while trying to download Office Standard 2010 (x64) - (English) from MSDN Subscription page.  I have a valid product key and I have 64bit Windows 7 Laptop but unable to download and use Office 2010.  I get following error message

An unknown error occurred while trying to get files for the selected product family.

Reference Id: UI Communication Error

Kindly let me how to fix this and continue installing Office 2010 for the valid product key that I have?

Sunday, September 16, 2012 4:03 PM

Answers

• skraj72,

We had a small outage over the weekend which may have caused this problem. Can you confirm that this issue is still occurring for you?

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:04 PM

All replies

• skraj72,

We had a small outage over the weekend which may have caused this problem. Can you confirm that this issue is still occurring for you?

Thanks,
    Mike

Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:04 PM
  • Hi there Mike,

I'm getting an error when downloading office 2010 too, when i click through the get product keys link and go to the download page (click on the product name link), an error appears.

I tried to download the lync server too, just as a check and the same issue occurs.

Any use?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:36 AM
  • Hi Mike,

This is so unfortunate that MS says that it has fixed the issue but actually its not. For past two days I am trying to download SQL Server DEV edition from subscription but the same error

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Technet Wiki Article

MVP

Saturday, April 4, 2015 12:05 PM
  • Shanky, the posts above are from 2012.  If you're having an issue today, i'm certain its a different event.  Please start a new thread about it and let me know everything that is happening.  Note: I don't work weekends (usually), so I probably wont get to this until Monday. 

Try: downloading with your browser with no addon or third party download manager tools.  making sure you can traceroute to download.msdn.microsoft.com, checking with your ISP. 

Thanks,
    Mike

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

Saturday, April 4, 2015 7:06 PM