ManuFlyout attached to Button

Question

• Hi,

Is there an option that can remove the visibility of the button to which menuflyout is attached when the flyout is visible? I want only flyout menu to pop not and the button.

Friday, March 20, 2015 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Aleksandar Aleksiev,

>>Is there an option that can remove the visibility of the button to which menuflyout is attached when the flyout is visible

If you want to let the button to be hidden when the MenuFlyout shows, please try to handle the Opened method of the MenuFlyout to set the button visibility as Collapsed, besides, you can also try to handle the Closed method of the MenuFlyout to set the button visibility as Visible when the MenuFlyout is closed.

private void MenuFlyout_Opened(object sender, object e)
            {
                MyButton.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed;
            }

private void MenuFlyout_Closed(object sender, object e)
            {
                MyButton.Visibility = Visibility.Visible;
            }

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 23, 2015 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

The problem with that approach is that it hides the button I just want the button not to pop up with the menu, because if you have this flyout attached to the bottom app bar it will hide the button from the app bar as well.

Monday, March 23, 2015 11:17 AM
  • Do you have any code?

Mark if helps

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 10:29 AM
  • Hi,

As you can see from the attached screenshot if the background color of app bar has transparency the app bar button is visible behind the app bar when menu is visible :). You can find sample code here: http://1drv.ms/1NywcAo

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 10:57 AM
  • I will test your code.

Mark if helps

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:03 AM