GoDaddy and ASP.Net RRS feed

• Question

• User61219273 posted

Hi. I know if I use Microsoft Azure services I can immediately deploy my app to the server from Visual Studio using Publish. Also, I know I can debug it with clicking the Run button. Does GoDaddy have the similar feature as Azure ? I want to be able to deploy my app straight from Visual Studio... I even want the database installed when I enable-migrations.

Sunday, February 3, 2019 6:54 PM

All replies

• User379720387 posted

Look for Web Deploy, it is a microsoft tool.

Download the publish profile from the hosting provider provider and import it in the Publish functionality in VS.

Sunday, February 3, 2019 9:13 PM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi bubbely,

As far as I know, visual studio has the azure develop extension which could generate the publish profile and deploy the application to azure web app.

But GoDaddy doesn't contains this extension, if you want to deploy the application to godaddy, you should firstly generate the publish profile.

Then you could use this profile to publish your web application to the GoDaddy.

More details, you could refer to below article:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Plesk-Hosting/Guide-How-to-Host-a-VS-Projects-online-on-GoDaddy-com/m-p/60406#M375 

Best Regards,

Brando

Monday, February 4, 2019 2:00 AM
  • User-1347206981 posted

Initially, I also had problems working at GoDaddy, alas it was my very first hosting and did not yet understand anything in quality. After that I switched to web hosting Europe, all the more so for landing, he just ideally suited me. But most of all I was surprised by the price after GoDaddy. So now I use the European service.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 9:34 PM