Fingerprint SDK for ASP.NET RRS feed

• Question

• User1216502359 posted

I am trying to incorporate a fingerprint recognition componet in an asp.net application. I have tried the SDK from DigitalPersona as well as the GR Finger SDK. I haven't had any luck incoroprating either into an asp.net application. I can do a windows forms project no problem but I need it in a web app. Has anyone else had luck with this, if so I would be very interested in any code that could be supplied to help me achieve this. Thanks.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:56 AM

Answers

• User1216502359 posted

I did not complete the project because my company decided not to use the biometrics. I did have the project built & properly running however using the m2SYS Biometrics. I included the link in an earlier post. Hope this helps. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 3, 2010 10:16 AM
  • User-1165521811 posted

I've completed a project using the ActiveX/COM plug-ins supplied with the Digital Persona SDK and the Digital Persona UareU 4500 Fingerprint Reader.  This requires that the client PC's have the digital Persona RTE installed - loads the drivers for the hardware and the dll's for the plug-ins. PC's will also require .NET framework 2.0 or greater.

Digital Persona for Windows SDK 1.4.0.1:

http://buy.digitalpersona.com/

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:22 AM

All replies

• User-1165521811 posted

Have you had any luck with this? I'm currently in the same boat....I've got a DigitalPersona fingerprint reader and the SDK. The SDK has samples for COM/ActiveX but they don't play nice with VS 2008. The VB.net example runs fine but I'm struggling with how to incorporate this into ASP.net.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, July 27, 2009 5:42 PM
  • User1216502359 posted

I actually had much better luck with the BioPlug In from MYSYS. Only problem with this is you have to pay them for licenses to their product, but it works beatifully with asp.net using Javascript. Check out the link below. Hope this helps you, I know it relieved a huge headache of mine.

http://www.m2sys.com/bioplugin.htm

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:01 AM
  • User-1165521811 posted

In case anyone is looking Digital Persona has a good SDK, but it only works with their devices. I used the activex/com plug-ins (enrollment and verification) that come with the SDK. Obvously, the client needs some dll's  and the drivers for the fingerprint reader installed for this to work.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:05 PM
  • User-1937572638 posted

could you tell me, did you complete that project? I am also doing same project. my client wants same thing in ASP.NET.

Please tell me how i can reader finger impression through asp.net

Waiting your reply.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Monday, April 26, 2010 3:16 AM
  • User1216502359 posted

I did not complete the project because my company decided not to use the biometrics. I did have the project built & properly running however using the m2SYS Biometrics. I included the link in an earlier post. Hope this helps. 

Monday, May 3, 2010 10:16 AM
  • User-1165521811 posted

I've completed a project using the ActiveX/COM plug-ins supplied with the Digital Persona SDK and the Digital Persona UareU 4500 Fingerprint Reader.  This requires that the client PC's have the digital Persona RTE installed - loads the drivers for the hardware and the dll's for the plug-ins. PC's will also require .NET framework 2.0 or greater.

Digital Persona for Windows SDK 1.4.0.1:

http://buy.digitalpersona.com/

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:22 AM