none
Search for a file in VS

Question

• Why when I type a file name into a search field on a top of a solution it takes infinite time to find it? But infinite I mean the size of the Universe.

Any idea?

Friday, November 13, 2015 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi markgoldin,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Is your solution has multiple projects?

If yes, I think it maybe related to your specific projects.

If no, I doubt that it is related to your visual studio IDE, please check the following to see if it helps:

1. Make sure you’re running the latest service pack for your operating system.

2. Run below command from Visual Studio Command Prompt:

devenv /safemode

Decide if this improves performance then experiment by selectively disabling add-ins to determine which one is affecting your performance.

3. Try deleting the .suo file in your solution’s folder. Note that the .suo file is a hidden file.

4. If your solution contains any WinForms projects

i. Close the Windows Forms Designer before you close the solution (or Visual Studio)
      ii. Disable Toolbox automatic populatin using "Tools | Options | Windows Forms Designer"

Best Regards,

Jiayi

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:31 AM