none
Import Data from Sharepoint online to SSAS Tabular model

Question

• I'm using SSAS Tabular in Visual Studio(2015) and are trying to connect to a Sharepoint Online List, however I am getting the following error while I was trying to add Other Feeds Data source to the model (when I click the Test Connection).

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

I have a windows login in credentials which I am supposed to use for connecting to the Source. I am 100% sure that those credentials have access to the source because I am able to connect to the data source using excel with those credentials. I tried this "/_vti_bin/listdata.svc" by appending to my Data feed URL. Can any one help me with that... 

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 5:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your question.

We are currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:55 AM
  • Thanks for letting me know. May I know the estimated time to fix this ?

Do you know any work around solution for this problem ?

Thursday, August 3, 2017 12:24 PM
  • Greetings!  I have the same problem here - 403 Forbidden error when trying to add SharePoint Online list data into a tabular model in Visual Studio.  This occurs both when trying the listdata.svc as mentioned above, as well as the RSS listfeed.aspx method.  Any ideas?
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:07 PM
  • Same Problem, how did you resolve it....

In excel(with windows authenticatiom ) , Power BI(with organizational account) I am able to get the data from sharepoint using the ODATA "http://sharepoitnserverName/Porject/_vti_bin/listdata.svc.

Where as in SISS, and in SASS tabular model selecting the  OTHER FEEDs, I always get the remode forbidden error (403)...

it is urgent...

I am using Data tools for sql server 2012....

Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:21 PM
  • Anybody out there who figured this out and got it working? 
    Wednesday, July 11, 2018 2:41 PM