none
Error 25015.Failed to install assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa.dll' because of system error: Access is denied. RRS feed

• Question

• ---------------------------
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Setup
    ---------------------------
    Error 25015.Failed to install assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa.dll' because of system error: Access is denied.

Retry   Cancel  

i get teh above  error from 2 days i have tried all the possibilities

i even tried to repain the set up using visual studio  set up

i tried the clean up tools

but still i am unable to install the framewrk 2.0 which i need for my application

when i am trying to open visual stuidio

i get some entrypoint error

and sometime s the below error

devenv.exe - Unable To Locate Component
    This application has failed to start because mscoree.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
    OK  

svk
    Friday, May 7, 2010 8:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi SRekha,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    What's your OS?

Could you please try the workaround mentioned in the following similar issue?
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vssetup/thread/8655d21b-259b-449d-a0f4-0b94cdc353a1

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, May 14, 2010 3:09 AM
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:51 AM
  • I tried EVERYTHING in that topic! disabling AV AND deleting the folder, I STILL get the error "Error 25015.Failed to install assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa.dll' because of system error: Access is denied." NOTHING WORKS!!! anything else???
    Saturday, March 21, 2015 1:46 AM
  • Hello, Ornithophilia.

You've posted to an old, closed thread, where only those readers who participated in 2010 will see your message.

Please start a new thread, and provide a complete description of your issue ("I tried everything" tells us nothing). Include your Windows version, your Visual Studio version (if applicable) and what you were trying to do when the error appeared.

A new thread will automatically get the attention of all forum participants, giving you a much better chance of receiving useful suggestions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Saturday, March 21, 2015 3:43 PM