Page Inspector error Visual Studio 2013 - on basic ASP.NET MVC5 project RRS feed

• Question

• User-488335188 posted

Hello everyone

I have got a problem with Visual Studio. I create a simple ASP.NET Web Application: File>new>project>web>ASP.NET Web Application >MVC>OK, and then on the solution explorer I enter to the folder: View>Home>About.cshtml. Here I do right click on the About.cshtml file and choose View in Page Inspector. Then Page Inspector starts to load, and for a few seconds I get an error (sceenshot is attached). 
    PL-ENG translations (from error screenshot):
    Przeglądarka sieci web - Web Browser
    Nie można odnaleźć - cannot find
    Upewnij się, że ścieżka lub adres internetowy jest poprawny. - Make sure, that the path or internet address is correct.
    Have no idea what is wrong. I have the same problem on my laptop and PC. I asked my friend to do the same on his PC, and he got the same error. Whats wrong with it?

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:30 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi azalut,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

PL-ENG translations (from error screenshot):
    Przeglądarka sieci web - Web Browser
    Nie można odnaleźć - cannot find 

Accroding to the error message above, the path is not correct, you need check it on your side.

If you want to use page Inspector, you could follow the steps in the link below, and check whether it has same issue.

Using Page Inspector in ASP.NET: http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/mvc-4/using-page-inspector-in-aspnet-mvc 

If you have any concern, please give your response.

Regards

Angie

Friday, June 6, 2014 1:32 AM
  • User-488335188 posted

It doesnt help unfortunatelly. I figured out, that the path from the screenshot is:

file:///D:/Pliki programów (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/Microsoft/Web Tools/Page Inspector/en-US/Startup.html

I am tired with it, dont know how to fix it, please try to solve it with me! :)

Sunday, June 8, 2014 3:38 PM
  • User-488335188 posted

Is there anyone who could help me? still have same issue 

Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:32 AM