none
Brand new Function App, no functions yet, Portal = Unable to Access Your Function Keys RRS feed

• Question

• As the title says... 

Created a brand new Function App in the Portal. 
    Have not deployed any functions to it, nothing in Visual Studio yet, just navigate to the Function app in the Portal and get the error.

We are unable to access your function keys.  If the error persists, please contact support.

Per suggestion from support, have stopped and started the Function app, still get error.  I am not running a beta version (that I know of - just the plain old portal.)

Error Message

Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:45 AM

All replies

• If you access <functionapp>.scm.azurewebsites.net/debugConsole and navigate to LogFiles/Application/Functions/Host, do you see any logs?

If you share your function app name I can take a look at our backend logs.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:34 PM
  • Did you remove app settings from your function app after creation? in particular WEBSITE_CONTENTAZUREFILECONNECTIONSTRING and WEBSITE_CONTENTSHARE

Software Engineer - Azure Functions

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:16 PM
  • Dan H, AhmedElSayed is right.  We checked your Function App's current settings and it looks like you have removed the settings for WEBSITE_CONTENTAZUREFILECONNECTIONSTRING and WEBSITE_CONTENTSHARE.  Kindly add them back and the error should go away. 

1. WEBSITE_CONTENTAZUREFILECONNECTIONSTRING should default to the same value as AzureWebJobsStorage. 

2. WEBSITE_CONTENTSHARE - This value can also be obtained by accessing the storage account associated with the AzureWebJobsStorage connection string.  In the Azure Portal, open the UI for that storage account, and select "Files" .  The content share name is listed should have the format {FunctionAppName}somechar. 

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:39 PM
  • Thank you for the suggestion.  

I did not remove ANYTHING from settings, did not even LOOK at settings after creating the function.  Literally just New >> Function App in the portal.  Filled out the required fields to create it and that's it.  After creation, went to look at the function (did not add a function or change anything) and was immediately getting the error above.

Now, per your suggestion, I added those settings (that were in fact missing as you discovered, don't know how or why), and it's working now.  I can at least create new functions, and it's running without error.

Thanks again for the help.  Not sure how to avoid this in the future, as I only created a new Function App from scratch.  Will try a new one again tomorrow and report results here.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:07 AM